Virtual & Augmented Reality for The Military
Recharge defense and aerospace landscape with immersive technologies
Some of our military VR & AR solutions
Our tactical augmented reality solutions replace handheld GPS devices, decreasing loads carried, and improving data precision without averting their gaze to external displays.
All the critical data is based on digital maps or drone footage. It is then seamlessly displayed onto the soldier’s AR device/goggles, without consulting GPS displays.
- AR spatial orientation
- AR weapons targeting
- Updating digital maps
Replicate dangerous situations and equipment failures without putting any real people or vehicles at risk. Our training simulators are based on the customer’s specific ground and airborne vehicles.
They are designed with real-world physics, adaptable field-of-view, and dynamic loads to replicate various systems and conditions.
- Virtual desktop simulations
- Variable generic VR simulators
- Full-custom equipment-based VR simulators
Facilitate diagnostic and remove-and-replace activities with custom equipment overhaul and maintenance AR applications. The solutions run on commercially available or mil-grade devices, both in-network, and stand-alone modes. The applications rely on high-fidelity, high-precision models of systems, vehicles, HVAC, messaging systems and other equipment.
- Virtual checklists
- Live digital instructions
- Augmented maintenance solutions
- Virtual equipment manuals
- AR wiring and piping layouts
Virtual training lets medical forces advance their organizational design protocols and maintain their medical and surgical skills. And our AR applications allow receiving advice from remotely located medical professionals and perform geographically scattered operations.
- Hospital triage training
- Hospital set-up training
- AR protocols for trauma patients
- Mass casualty training exercise
- On-site medical aid
OTR’s augmented reality-assisted surgery solutions are efficient surgical tools overlaying digital images, patients’ vital signs, and information on a surgeon’s view of the operative field.They can provide surgeon teams with live telehealth consultations, AR-assisted training.
Based on MRI/CT feeds, our medical AR applications enhance fractured bone treatment, decrease invasiveness and facilitate treatment times.
- Intraoperative navigation
- Immersive virtual consultation
- Vital characteristics display
- Image-guided surgery
We simulate battlefield situations in VR to train commanders and staff of military formations and units in real terrain-based environments. The solutions vary from desktop simulations to mil-grade virtual arenas complete with the following equipment:
- Mil-grade HMDs
- Full-body haptic suits (simulate heat, cold, bullet impact etc.)
- Wearable vests for batteries and computers, motion trackers
- Haptic weapons (same size & weight as real weapons)
- Instructors’ workstations
Our case studies of military projects
- Real-world terrain modeling for 900×350 km area
- Smart collision system
- Training hours and expenses reduced by over 40%
- Multiple training scenarios & monitoring tools to check trainees performance
- Realistic objects’ destruction system for VR explosions
- 30% price reduction compared to traditional training